Beginning April 1, 2019, WorkBC will offer better services for people who need support to re- enter the workforce, access training opportunities and find good jobs. These services will continue to be available, with enhanced supports that include:
- A better focus on helping you find and sustain employment.
- Help to find a better job if your hours are unstable, or if the work is not in line with your skills.
- Expanded eligibility for specialized WorkBC services if you have paid into employment insurance (EI) for five of the last 10 years.
- WorkBC Employment Services offer employment services and supports through 103 WorkBC Centres across the province and online through www.WorkBC.ca.
- WorkBC Apprentice Services provide financial supports to Apprentices in training.
- WorkBC Assistive Technology Services offers adaptive technology to help people with disabilities pursue employment opportunities.
For more information on how you can benefit from these enhanced services, please contact your local WorkBC Centre.